Monday, February 08, 2010

Dusting it Off


I have let it just sit here for almost a year. Like one of my favorite books, I am picking it up off the shelf, dusting the top, flipping the pages to refresh my memory of why I have kept it for so long and setting it on my desk so that I pick it up and begin again.
I set my blog and even the reading of blogs on the shelf. I felt the need to focus on other things. Recently, I have had the desire to share my thoughts here again.
Some things have changed just like the tattered edges of a favorite book. I am older and it is good! My kids are another year older, three teenagers, one nine year old and one very sweet five year old. My home feels like a revolving door. My kitchen table seems tiny and there is never enough room for everyone. (It once seemed huge) I have had to re figure some of my favorite recipes so that there is enough food. We often have one, two, or several more here who are hungry. I have learned to keep the freezer stocked, so that when four hungry fourteen year old girls show up, I have something they will eat when no one else is around. (I have learned they love pizza snacks) I have kids that stay up later than I do. This has been a hard one for me.
I still love to read! I have always liked to take photos! My husband surprised me at Christmas with a new camera. And I still journal on the Word of God in my Life Journal. I am trying to memorize scripture with greater discipline. I haven't tried any new recipes in a long time. I started walking and It makes me happy. I get to pray with some amazing women who I do not deserve. We started a Life Group in our home for college students. It has brought back memories!
And finally, I am glad Valentines Day is coming up....because I love roses and conversation heart candies!

4 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Woohoo! So glad to see you are back! I've thought of you multiple times and wondered how you are doing. Looking forward to catching up!

Melissa said...

I am so glad to see you back, Chris! I've missed you!

Susanne said...

The kids staying up later is a hard one for me too. That late night time was always my quiet time.

Welcome back!

Heth said...

I hear ya on trying to keep the cupboards stocked! It's crazy. Glad to see you blogging again.