Sunday, March 07, 2010

The Home Project

The very first blog that I read regularly beginning back in 2005, was Girl Talk. I still faithfully visit their website a few times a month. I am always encouraged and usually glean some wonderful biblical wisdom.

They have started something new on their blog called The 52home Project. I love what they share so I am going to repeat it here:

Ordinary is where we all live most of the time. And yet our mundane, repetitive days are full of enduring work. Homes are being built. Families are being knit together. Little souls are being shaped for eternity.

The tedious is, in fact, momentous—when done for the sake of Christ: “…so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior” (Titus 2:10).

This truth can get lost in piles of laundry and dirty dishes. We need help to see the glory peaking out from behind the ordinary.

Our hope is that you’ll see your own ordinary, yet glorious life in these pictures. That you’ll glimpse the faithfulness of God that undergirds his faithful ones. That you’ll see reflections of the eternal in the everyday. “So teach us to number our days that we will get a heart of wisdom.” Psalm 90:12

I love this verse, "...number our days that we will get a heart of wisdom" Too often I am completly guilty of focusing on what does not matter, the temproary. So, I am joining them in capturing the simple things in my life and sharing them here. Life seems to be going by me on a conveyer belt right now and I am trying to grab at things before they get away. I pray this helps me stop for a few minutes each weekday and truly
"number my days".

8:00 pm Sunday March 7th

Big sister just came in from work and was willing to read his favorite library book.

No comments: